Please label all clothing and personal equipment with your child’s name
Pupils who arrive in school wearing clothes which are inappropriate may be given alternative items for the day or parents may
be asked to take children home to change.
• Long hair should be tied back with a plain band or clip.
• Extreme haircuts, dyed hair, hair spiked up with gel, glitter and motifs cut into the hair are not allowed and may result
in your child being sent home.
• A watch and one set of stud earrings (one in each ear lobe) are the only jewellery which are permitted but are actively
discouraged due to the high incidence of accidents involving jewellery.
• Make-up and nail varnish are not allowed.
The Governors and Headteacher expect all children who attend ISIPS to wear school dress as indicated.
High heeled shoes are unsafe in school and contravene Health & Safety Regulations. Any platform or heeled shoes are not
acceptable pupils must wear flat, safe shoes at all times. Children are also required to wear socks.
We would like to clarify what the Governors consider to be suitable and safe footwear for school:
• Shoes should have heels no higher than 1.5 inches (4cm)
• Heels should be wide and flat (Party type shoes are inappropriate and dangerous for school)
• Boots are to be only ankle high
• Heavy duty boots, particularly those with re-enforced toes, are unacceptable
• Sling backs, plastic ‘jelly’ type shoes, flip flops and clogs are not allowed
• Shoes should have closed toes.